2012 (All other projects are
on hold until i get this sidecar finished and ready to race)
This is an update of my Konig
projects(680cc). I have finished all frame modifications and the
radiator plus header tank is fitted. I have fitted all the water
pipework and just need to fit the finished engine to finalise the
pipes. The petrol talk is finished and fitted under the passinger
platform .Everything now is waiting for the new engine and once
fitted I can final assemble all the parts ready for the test run.
I still have to make
a platform to fit inside the back of our van to lift the outfit
above the back wheel arches but this is an afternoons work.
There is still quite a lot to do but
I will get there eventually hopefully so I can race it this coming
season. The only thing holding up progress at the moment is the
engine which I hope to get in the near future.
I now have all the
new parts to make new engines which I can produce in any capacity.
The only time constraint is getting someone to do the machining
without taking too long. The new engines should be very reliable
with having an integral water jacket and o ring seals. The new
pistons I have had made are 40 grams lighter and better quality than
the original Konig pistons. We are hoping for great things but will
have to wait and see. I have castings for a 500cc motor which i will
test in my sidecar but i want to build it to put in a solo. It is
waiting for time and money at the moment.
Where I am up to at the present time. The engine is just a set
of empty cases as I have used them to fabricate the exhausts. so
I can use them to fabricate my exhausts
to. All the fibreglass has been fitted and removed. All brakes,
exhausts, radiators, header tank, passenger platform are
finished and can be refitted once the engine has been finalised. The chassis
is a John Derbyshire chassis and was built to house a 750 tz
Yamaha. I have altered chassis quite a bit so i could fit
narrower wheels of a different diameter. To see more photos,
The photos below are of the
sump I am using in my sidecar which has fins cast on the underside
to aid cooling. I also have some solo sumps which can be seen on
New sump casting and wooden pattern. The new sump is 15mm deeper
than the original.